Sunday, March 10, 2013

Week 1: Lets Begin



 Hi, my name is Kandyce McGowan. I am a senior graduating in May. I will have a bachelors degree in Criminal Justice and a minor in Sociology. After graduation a have a variety of interest i would like to pursue, but not definite in what i will do right away. My career goals are to help troubled youth, and women.

This is not my first online class. I have taken a online science class, a sociology class, status and power, and also a sociology institutional racism course. I enjoy online teaching as long as it it concise and organized. Problems that i have encountered from online teaching is professors may not give specific instructions to assignments, and if there are online quiz/test with a time limit has also been a problem.

Asian Americans in media and in general life have been subjected to stereotypes similar to other inority races. Often times they are seen as very smart people in academics, but dont offer much to society. This link is to a webpage that explores several sterotypes of Asian Americans in media. It covers sterotypes that deals with Asian women, men and children. Media Representations of Asians.

No comments:

Post a Comment